Re: [jokosher-devel] Fwd: Volume fades UI

Hi all,

OK, Aq and I just had a chat on the phone to flesh through the idea of
having a constant red line and control points on it. We discussed the
good and bad points of how control points are added, what happens to
control points when you move clips (do they move with it), whether
control points appear on every clip and so on.

We have come to the conclusion that for 0.2 we think we should apply
control points to an instrument. So, imagine you have an instrument
with three clips on it. At the beginning of clip one, you set the
volume to 100% (control point at the top), and at the end of clip
three, you set the volume to 0% (control point at the bottom). Now,
imaging each instrument has a piece of glass on the top, and you draw
the control points and the line that connects the control points on
the glass. Now, if you move the clips around, underneathe the glass,
the control points and line remain the same. As such, you add control
points, but if you move the clips underneath the control points and
lines that connect them, you would need to re-adjust where the control
points are.

This seems like the best solution for 0.2. Then, for 0.3 we can think
about how moving clips can also move control points, but I think given
the time we have until the freeze, this solution is simple and works.

Also, this will make coding it easier - each instrument has one
GnlOperation with a volume element in it, and we use a GnlController
to set a bunch of timstamps with the volume for each control point.

See what I mean?

 Jono