Re: [jokosher-devel] Fwd: Volume fades UI

On 18/09/06, Jono Bacon <jonobacon gmail com> wrote:
We have come to the conclusion that for 0.2 we think we should apply
control points to an instrument.
This seems like the best solution for 0.2. Then, for 0.3 we can think
about how moving clips can also move control points, but I think given
the time we have until the freeze, this solution is simple and works.

Ya it seems simple enough. The only problem is that we currently have
to way to selection potions of the instrument where there is no event.
I think people will see this and assume that the selection and fade
stuff must be for each event since you can't to a selection that
spreads across more than one. Also, we would need to have the event
lane draw the red fade line and control points and have the drag
behaviour match that of the event viewer class. Still this seems
possible until you have a control point that rests right on the
starting point an event. That would require half of it to be on the
event and half on the event lane.

I agree that this would make the gnloperations code much simpler but
the interface would be very quirky. For 0.2 we could just keep the gui
the way it is now, and make one gnloperation per instrument (because
events can't overlap) which would be just adding all the control
points of all the events together. And I understand that bilboed says
we should manually move the gnloperation on every event move anyway
because that is the cleanest way to implement it. Would that work?

Laszlo