Re: [jokosher-devel] Six weeks till the freeze

On Mon, Sep 18, 2006 at 05:22:36PM +0100, Jono Bacon wrote:

>  * Seek broken - john_g seems to be looking into this

Fixing seek is easy but not committed due to some other stuff that isn't
finished. That's getting J to scroll automatically during playback and using
the ff/rew buttons and making stop pause rather than returning to the start.
This is nearly ready. I have a slight glitch with getting effect previews to
work whilst the playhead isn't at the start and I hope to sort this out this
week. I have a question on this. It makes sense to me to be able to preview
effects from anywhere in the project. Once the effects dialogue is dismissed
should the playhead return to where it was before the dialogue was
displayed?

Note that the scope of the autoscrolling that I'm doing doesn't include
scrolling whilst dragging the playhead to the edge of the window. With our
current design this would involve far too many redisplays and hit
performance. Maybe we could buffer the timeline and wave views either side
of the view window and scroll within that (a bit like Google maps). Any
ideas???
--
John Green