Re: [guadec-list] Marketing Plans for GUADEC

(resend because it got held up in queue because it was sent from non
gnome.org address)

Hi!

On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 8:58 AM, Chema Casanova <jmcasanova igalia com> wrote:
> O Mér, 18-07-2012 ás 09:41 -0400, Emily Gonyer escribiu:
>> Video interviews would be very cool to do. I have a (standard
>> definition) video camera I was thinking about bringing along with me,
>> which we could use. Though I have no idea how to go about editing.
>
> We are going to have 3 cameras for recording the 3 parallel tracks, for
> interviews we were thinking about using cheaper technology as
> mobile/phones. It would be nice having better equipment.

We can do this with any recent pocket camera that records 720p video.
DSLR cameras also help and offer greater quality, but it can be
overkill.

The critical thing is having good sound, IMHO.
A boom microphone or a lapel microphone (ones that are attached to
interviewee t-shirt) is critical, one for the person asking the
questions is a bonus, although we can propose a format where the
questions are off-screen.

If the university can lend us one, it would be awesome. Where to
record is not a big deal if the microphone in use has a 3.5mm jack,
meaning that we can plug it into one of those tiny hand voice
recorders.

The syncing between audio and video file (the camera also recorded
sound) is easy, you just need to have a clapper board sound (a very
loud hand clap works exactly the same).

> I've also heard that Diego Escalante was thinking about recording
> something during the conference.

I am looking forward to get some footage that I can use to hack a kind
of small documentary about how it feels/what is GUADEC and the
project. I am obviously happy to work on the video/press team :)

> The other day we were thinking about preparing a Photocall area to do
> the interviews...., but i don't know it this would be possible yet.

A place with good lighting (a big window with light in the room) is good enough.
Sound/noise should not be a big deal. But if you are thinking on some
cool setup with posters and a logo wall like in Hollywood, go ahead
that will look cool :D.