Re: [guadec-list] Marketing Plans for GUADEC

O Mér, 18-07-2012 ás 11:24 +0100, Allan Day escribiu:
> GUADEC is a great opportunity to generate publicity around GNOME.
> Marketing can also help people who aren't able to attend to stay in
> touch with the conference and feel like they are involved.

> It would be great if we could have a series of GUADEC reports posted
> on gnome.org during the conference. I'd be happy to write one. Does
> anyone else want to?

From the local team, we are really interested in this, and it would be
nice this reports were written from people from the community, this is
one of the tasks we would like to do in collaboration with volunteers.
The same for uploading pictures from the conference.

> Live microblogging would be good also, if we can manage that. One
> critical factor here will be ensuring that there's Internet access
> available.

Wifi will be available at the venue but with 250 people in the same room
it could have some problems, we are going to ensure cable connection for
speakers, and also more than 80 ethernet seats in the venue hall.

> Does anyone have any tips for mobile broadband while
> travelling in Europe?

Relating mobile broadband the best option we have find in spain is using
a pre-paid card from Yoigo for 20€, that you can spent the 20€ credit
spend in 8€ packages of 500Mb. Having the first one for free.

There is the shopping centre 15 minutes walking from the Venue where the
prepaid card could be bought providing your Id. As local address you can
use the one from your Hotel.

> Any other ideas for marketing activities we can do for the conference?

We would like to prepare an area to do video interviews with speakers
that could be published in the web.

Regards,

--
Chema Casanova