Re: [guadec-list] Marketing Plans for GUADEC

Chema Casanova <jmcasanova igalia com> wrote:
> O Mér, 18-07-2012 ás 11:24 +0100, Allan Day escribiu:
>> GUADEC is a great opportunity to generate publicity around GNOME.
>> Marketing can also help people who aren't able to attend to stay in
>> touch with the conference and feel like they are involved.
>
>> It would be great if we could have a series of GUADEC reports posted
>> on gnome.org during the conference. I'd be happy to write one. Does
>> anyone else want to?
>
> From the local team, we are really interested in this, and it would be
> nice this reports were written from people from the community, this is
> one of the tasks we would like to do in collaboration with volunteers.
> The same for uploading pictures from the conference.

Fantastic! I wonder what the best way to organise this would be? Could
you provide me with a list of volunteers, perhaps? And maybe we could
meet on the first day of the conference to work out the details?

> Wifi will be available at the venue but with 250 people in the same room

Thanks, that's really useful.

>> Any other ideas for marketing activities we can do for the conference?
>
> We would like to prepare an area to do video interviews with speakers
> that could be published in the web.

That would be great! Do you have video equipment arranged? Perhaps we
could work together to draw up and plan and some interview questions?

If we do make videos, it would be great to be able to quickly get them
online. I guess that means we'll need to figure out arrangements for
processing and editing.

Allan
--
IRC:  aday on irc.gnome.org