Re: [guadec-list] Terms and conditions for registration

Hi,

Op donderdag 08-04-2010 om 15:51 uur [tijdzone -0500], schreef Brian
Cameron:

> +1.  I think this is a great idea.  It might even be better to have
> more donation levels with different swag.  For $25 you get a tshirt,
> for $50 you get a Hackerthreads polo shirt, for $100 you also get a
> mug, etc.

The prices would be in €uro. ;) I agree with the idea but, if at all
possible, I would prefer that our swag is made out of environmentally
friendly materials. Especially the production of (regular) cotton for
t-shirts requires huge amounts of pesticides and water. I don't believe
that aligns well with the spirit of Free software. </treehugger>

> > These are just ideas, but the core principle is that if you're coming to
> > the conference, you shouldn't get something for nothing - we should make
> > an effort to have some kind of value proposition for attendees to
> > encourage the higher levels where they're appropriate.

Certainly, but even if people register for the free-of-charge ticket, of
course there should still be a good supply of swag for them to buy on
the spot!

regards,

--
Reinout van Schouwen