Re: [Fwd: Re: [guadec-list] GUADEC T-Shirts]

Hi,

Quim Gil wrote:
Retouch or not retouch, both are valid alternatives. This is only a tag
cloud, not the GNOME Bible. These tags don't even refer to the talks
schedules, but all the sessions submitted. The tag reflects the terms
selected by people from a collection of tags available, nothing else.
The Maemo or the Mono tags are big just because this year many people
decided that the content they had submitted had a relation with such
terms. Instead, only 2 people seem to have published content related to
accessibility or Solaris, and not even they claimed that. Tag clouds
promote the majorities and also the big minorities, but wipes out the
small minorities. Now we see the effects.

Well, it wasn't very obvious that tagging was any way important on the website when submitting proposals - nor very clear how to do that. Anyway, I don't really care one way or another, but you certainly risk alienating the 'small minority' especially when it comes to printing tshirts that you expect everyone to wear.

Glynn