[guadec-list] GUADEC Jam

Hi all,

Since last year I've been thinking about a jam session with the
awesome GNOME musicians big band. :-) I'm sorry for being so late on
the organization of this jam. :-/ Because of this lateness I'll give
here some diferent (in size) setups ranging from the simplest to the
"mega-concert" one. I think the jam date should be one of last days
because we'd have time to prepare a list of musics, interested
musicians, and so on.

Simplest setup:
Instruments: Acoustic guitar
Equipment: amplifiers for a guitar and a mic

Less-Simple setup:
Instruments: Acoustic guitar, some percussion (bongo, effects), keyboards
Equipment: amplifiers for guitar, keyboards, percussion (depending on
the place), and a mic

Band setup:
Instruments: Acoustic guitar, percussion (congas, bongo, effects),
keyboards, bass, electric guitar, drums (with cymbals ans drumsticks)
Equipment: amplifiers for guitars, bass, keyboards, a mic, drums and
percussion (depending on the place)

<joking>
Big-band-mega-concert setup:
Instruments: Acoustic guitar, percussion (congas, bongo, effects),
keyboards, bass, electric guitar, drums (with cymbals ans drumsticks),
piano, sax, trumpet, trombone, put-your-favorite-instrument-here...
Equipment: amplifiers for everything!
Invited musicians/bands: Jamiroquai, RadioHead, U2, Buena Vista Social
Club, etc.
Plus: flamenco dancers, GNOME bizarre drunk dancers
</joking>

The best setup of course is the Band one. There's a list of GNOME
people who play some instrument here:

 http://live.gnome.org/GnomeMusicianIndex

I'd need someone from local organization with who I could work
together to prepare this.

Comments?

p eace

--lucasr