Re: [guadec-list] Online registration - alpha

On Thu, Mar 30, 2006 at 12:38:55PM +0200, Quim Gil wrote:

> Yeah, I thought about the free registrations sponsors get... never got
> the 30 seconds to find out what could we do though.
>
> Either we introduce this variable in the form, or either we consider
> sponsors an exception since there are not lots of them.

Something to consider is a "magic discount code". You generate these
and put them in the database.

There is then a field on the rego page that says "Discount Code:"
with a text input. Sponsors, speakers and organisers use these codes
when they register. The rego script checks to see if a code is in
the database and if it is unused. If these conditions are met then
it will register them.

Possibly have it store who you issued the code to, then when a code
is used you can check they didn't just stumble on the code
accidently. This can all be handled by a small 'generate discount
code' script.

--d

--
Davyd Madeley

http://www.davyd.id.au/
08B0 341A 0B9B 08BB 2118  C060 2EDD BB4F 5191 6CDA