[guadec-list] cool story 1

Hi folks, attached is a first rev of the first "cool story".  This is in
regards to the new markets created in Asia and South America by FOSS and
Linux.  I hope people can give me some feedback and correct things.
Since this is the first one, this will be a good chance for people to
set the tone for the rest of them.  I tried to make it look good for the
press.

Your feedback is welcome.

Thanks,
sri

--
Sri Ramkrishna <sri aracnet com>
There is a shifting in the balance in the computing world.

Nothing is more important in this transition than desktop software
the primary means to deliver important applications that drive
productivity in the workplace.

GNOME is a major desktop project for GNU/Linux with a strong focus on
ease of use.  GNOME aspires to be the desktop that the average user
can use with an intuitive interface with a "Just Works" objective.
Simple and Elegant is the motto of the GNOME Project.

Every year, the GNOME project holds a conference in Europe to
showcase new innovations, plan new directions, and to reward
those that have contributed to the GNOME community.  The GNOME
project also attracts major sponsors like Google, Novell, Nokia
and Intel.  These companies want to take advantage of the new
global acceptance of free software around the world and drive to
have their technologies use GNOME technologies.

Last year, Nokia announced the 770, the first major consumer
hardware device to use GNOME technology.  The response have been
beyond anyone's expectations!

GUADEC will be held in Vilanova, Spain this year.  We hope that you
all will join us and participate and interact with GNOME community
and learn more about what desktop and in turn learn about the new
markets being created across the globe.