Re: auto-generated file 'gtkmm/widget.h' (widget.hg)

On 26/08/2013 08:19, Kjell Ahlstedt wrote:
You seem to have a mixture of the master and glibmm-2-36 branches. After I do 'git checkout glibmm-2-36' there is no "properties_type" anywhere.
[...]

After 'git checkout master' the string "properties_type" is found in class.h, class.cc, interface.cc and property.cc.

Thanks Kjell.  You can safely ignore this thread now.  I eventually came to realise that there must have been some kind of technical glitch at my end, since some of my local files didn't match the copies in master (even though I'm 100% certain that I hadn't modified any of them).  class.h, interface.h and property.cc were all affected (in each case I seemed to have the previous version of the file, rather than the current version).  Strangely though, other files from the same commit were not affected (class.cc, object.cc, objectbase.cc and objectbase.h).  Those ones all seem to have updated correctly.

BTW - at my end it's not clear when the changes to 'interface.h' and 'property.cc' were committed.  The changes are definitely in master but I can't see when they got commited (i.e. I can't find their commits in the git log).

It's all a big mystery.  I can't even guess at what might have gone wrong but I think I've managed to fix it.

John