Re: auto-generated file 'gtkmm/widget.h' (widget.hg)

2013-08-17 19:58, John Emmas skrev:
On 17/08/2013 08:31, John Emmas wrote:

For those of us who are still building version 2, will you be pushing your fix to the latest 2.24 branch or should I just apply it locally as a patch?

Oops - forgive my misunderstanding, Kjell.  I assumed this morning that your fix was in gtkmm but I just re-read your email and realised that in fact, it's in glibmm.  So, armed with that information, I updated glibmm to pull in your fix.

Unfortunately, glibmm itself won't build at the moment because of some problems in class.h, class.cc and interface.cc (all of them, non auto-generated files so I doubt if the problems will be connected to Kjell's fix).

In the case of class.h, someone has removed the line "#include <vector>".  This means that anything which #includes glibmm/class.h won't compile at the moment (because class.h uses std::vector).

Even if I fix that, neither class.cc nor interface.cc will compile.  I get this error when trying to build with MSVC:-

        error C2039: 'properties_type' : is not a member of 'Glib::Class'

That particular error is from line 69 of glibmm/interface.cc.  AFAICT the line itself hasn't changed recently - so I assume it's the result of a header file change somewhere.   Hope someone can make sense of it.!

John

Sorry for the delay in replying. I've had a one-week break from from glibmm/gtkmm.

This is really strange. When I look at the latest version of class.h in the git master branch,
https://git.gnome.org/browse/glibmm/tree/glib/glibmm/class.h
I see at line 28
  #include <vector> //For properties that custom types might override.
and at line 105
  typedef std::vector<GValue*> properties_type;

Kjell