Re: auto-generated file 'gtkmm/widget.h' (widget.hg)

2013-08-25 12:33, John Emmas skrev:
On 25/08/2013 11:11, John Emmas wrote:

even if I switch to master and pull the latest code I still don't see those changes you mentioned in 'glib/glibmm/class.h'.  Two things....

1)  The current version number (for master) is 2.37.5.  Is that the same as yours?
Yes

2)  In my current working copy 'class.h' is NOT an auto-generated file.  Is that still the case or should I be auto-generating it now?
It's still not auto-generated. That's why it's in the git repository.

Okay, this might be making a little bit of sense here.

If I select 'glib/glibmm/class.h' and I ask git to show me a diff between my current version and the previous version, those lines you mentioned (Kjell) seem as if they've been deleted.  But if I then look at the blame log for that file, there's no name against who deleted them.  To me, this suggests that git itself might have deleted them, thinking it was resolving a conflict.  :-(

I can easily put them back.  It looks like there's been some kind of glitch at my end.

John

You seem to have a mixture of the master and glibmm-2-36 branches. After I do 'git checkout glibmm-2-36' there is no "properties_type" anywhere. And it's not used in https://git.gnome.org/browse/glibmm/tree/glib/glibmm/class.cc?h=glibmm-2-36 or https://git.gnome.org/browse/glibmm/tree/glib/glibmm/interface.cc?h=glibmm-2-36.

After 'git checkout master' the string "properties_type" is found in class.h, class.cc, interface.cc and property.cc.

Kjell