Re: Where is =?UTF-8?Q?Glib=3A=3Astrfreev=28=29=3F=E2=80=8F?=
- From: Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com>
- To: Daniel Elstner <daniel kitta googlemail com>
- Cc: Hubert Figuiere <hub figuiere net>, Chris Vine <chris cvine freeserve co uk>, gtkmm-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Where is Glib::strfreev()?
- Date: Sun, 03 May 2009 15:22:26 +0200
On Sun, 2009-05-03 at 00:20 +0200, Daniel Elstner wrote:
> Am Samstag, den 02.05.2009, 22:42 +0100 schrieb Chris Vine:
> > If that affects uris returned by Gtk::SelectionData::get_uris(), and I
> > do not know if it does or it doesn't, it will be necessary to transfer
> > the uris to std::string objects before calling anything other than
> > const methods on the strings concerned. (It is OK just to read them.)
> > I think the OP's question is whether the codeset returned by
> > Gtk::SelectionData::get_uris() is guaranteed to be utf-8.
> As far as I know URIs are always UTF-8 encoded, possibly using escape
> sequences if necessary.
And I recently corrected FileChooser to use std::string for filenames
(not URIs) in the gtkmm-3maybe branch, not that anyone can use that in
the real world yet.
murrayc murrayc com
] [Thread Prev