=?utf-8?Q?RE:_Where_?= =?utf-8?Q?is_Glib::s?= =?utf-8?Q?trfreev()=3F?= =?utf-8?Q?=E2=80=8F?=

That's correct.
I, accidentally asked the same question on the gtk mailing lists and someone was worried about UTF8 and std::string.
To tell you the truth, I am not able to understand what the problem might be. But for the time being I target only linux.

@everyone thank you for your help.
If I have time I may file documentation bug.

> Date: Sat, 2 May 2009 22:42:57 +0100
> From: chris cvine freeserve co uk
> To: hub figuiere net
> CC: sledgehammer_999 hotmail com; gtkmm-list gnome org
> Subject: Re: Where is Glib::strfreev()?‏
>
> On Sat, 02 May 2009 12:34:25 -0400
> Hubert Figuiere <hub figuiere net> wrote:
>
> > > Sidenote: I use std::vector<Glib::ustring> as container. Is that
> > > correct, or should I use std::string?
> >
> > The question is: does it compile? If it does then you already have
> > the answer.
>
> I don't think that is his point. There is a longstanding bug in
> glibmm, which cannot be fixed without breaking API, concerning functions
> which return file names. These generally return a Glib::ustring object
> or a container of Glib::ustring objects, even though the filename
> codeset may not be utf-8 (that depends on the G_BROKEN_FILENAMES and
> G_FILENAME_ENCODING environmental variables).
>
> If that affects uris returned by Gtk::SelectionData::get_uris(), and I
> do not know if it does or it doesn't, it will be necessary to transfer
> the uris to std::string objects before calling anything other than
> const methods on the strings concerned. (It is OK just to read them.)
> I think the OP's question is whether the codeset returned by
> Gtk::SelectionData::get_uris() is guaranteed to be utf-8.
>
> Chris

Σύρετε φωτογραφίες στο παράθυρο του Messenger. Δείτε πώς. Κάντε κλικ εδώ!