Re: goocanvasmm status

On 2/26/07, Jonathon Jongsma <jonathon jongsma gmail com> wrote:
On 2/25/07, Jonathon Jongsma <jonathon jongsma gmail com> wrote:
> > I assume you mean a gnome.org svn account?  I'm not sure how strict
> > the sysadmins are for the project prerequisites, but libgoocanvasmm
> > doesn't seem to satisfy number 3 from this list:
> > http://live.gnome.org/ProjectPrerequisites
> > "3. It must be maintained, and already have had at least one public release."
> >
> > Maybe murray can pull some strings, though.  Or we could push out a
> > release quickly :)
> >
> > In addition, I think it would be good to do the repository cleanup
> > (i.e. removing the patched goocanvas) before importing it into gnome
> > svn.  I'll do that now.
>
> OK, done. Hopefully nothing got messed up.
>
> --
> jonner

So, in addition to doing some re-organization of the repository I've
also been working on wrapping some new API from version 0.6 of
goocanvas.  I haven't actually committed this to subversion yet --
I've been using git-svn and committing to a local git repository.
Since I'm fairly inexperienced with gmmproc-wrapped libraries, I
didn't want to push them out without somebody looking at it to make
sure I'm doing things correctly.
Since I'm expecting my first child to be born (!) any day now, I don't
know whether I'll have time to continue working on this stuff in the
near future, but I didn't want anyone to duplicate effort
unnecessarily, so I've put it online if anybody wants to take a look
at them and/or commit them to the repository if they feel like it.

Here it is: http://people.freedesktop.org/~jjongsma/goocanvasmm/
--
jonner

You mean to tell me you're going to choose your first born child over
goocanvasmm? I'm seriously questioning your commitment to the project.
:D

But really, good luck and congratulations!

Paul Davis