goocanvasmm status

I'm just curious about the current status of libgoocanvasmm.

I notice that there's still a modified copy of goocanvas in the
subversion repository for goocanvasmm
(http://svn.gna.org/svn/libgoocanvasmm/), which is apparently a
patched version of goocanvas 0.4.  There is now a 0.6 version of
goocanvas that was recently released.  Are all of the patches required
in upstream goocanvas now?  can we purge that from the goocanvasmm
repository now?

Has anybody attempted to build or update goocanvasmm for 0.5 or 0.6?
I'm thinking about playing around with a canvas, so I was looking at
goocanvasmm, but I can't make much sense of where it's at right now.
--
jonner