Re: goocanvasmm status

On 2/25/07, Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> wrote:
On Sat, 2007-02-24 at 11:36 -0500, Paul Davis wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-02-24 at 08:21 -0600, Paul Davis wrote:
>
> > Hey,
> >
> > I was the one that started that project.  I happened to have a bit of
> > misfortune and ended up starting it just before some major api changes
> > in goocanvas. Since then my priorities have changed a bit and I'm not
> > working on any projects that I would want to use goocanvasmm for.
> >
> > If anyone wants to take over as the maintainer for it, let me know and
> > I'll be glad to transfer ownership or whatever is required.  I'd quite
> > like it in the future, but at the moment I just haven't got time to
> > work on it.
>
> i've been talking with damon chapin over on the cairo list. it is very
> likely that Ardour will adopt goocanvas as our new canvas after we
> release 2.0. if that happens, then i will be happy to take over the
> maintainer role for the *mm wrappers, and thus add to the world's
> confusion over our identity:
>
> "Wait, I thought Paul Davis was the maintainer"
> "No, not any more"
> "Well who is"
> "The other Paul Davis"

I guess I must start thinking of you as two separate people.

Could you please put libgnomecanvasmm in GNOME's svn, just to make life
easier. If you do, please put a clear note in the current CVS about the
move.

www.openismus.com

I haven't got a goocanvasmm account so if anyone already has one could
the handle this?

If not, I'll go through the motions of getting one.

Paul Davis