Re: Reverse-wrapping gtkmm widgets to gtk+ (for glade3)

Murray Cumming schrieb:

> I'm fairly sure that only happens when the C++ object is instantiated,

yep. But we need this one instantiation to register the GType for our
widget. you may want to look into our SimpleDraw example again
(attachment to
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtkmm-list/2006-November/msg00184.html)
where we create a temporary SimpleDraw in simpledraw_glade.cc
(simpledraw_get_type())

> So, the question is What is this time between GType instantiation and
> full C++ instantiation, and how is libglade doing anything during that
> time.

libglade sets the GObject's properties in glade_standard_build_widget(),
then later the GObject is wrapped, but then the properties have already
disappeared (as described).

> libglademm has nothing to do with this. It's not involved with Glade at
> all.

no, not in glade itself, but we will want to load a glade file with our
custom widgets in it via Gnome::Glade::Xml::create and this is where the
properties don't get set.

glade's interface designer also does not apply our custom properties
correctly to our widgets, but that seems a bit of a different story to me.

i may have found a solution for the Gnome::Glade::Xml::create - issue,
will investigate and post later (maybe tomorrow).

  --o
--
Oliver Nittka
ESEM Grünau GmbH & Co. KG