Re: Reverse-wrapping gtkmm widgets to gtk+ (for glade3)

On Tue, 2006-11-21 at 21:05 +0100, Alexander Brinkman wrote:
> However when loading the file at runtime with libglade the property
> isn't set. The widget is instantiated, the property is there, but the
> value is not set to what is in the .glade file. This is where the
> glade_register_custom_prop function comes in: it calls a custom
> function
> whenever the given GType/property name is found.

OK. So here's my theory:

libglade instantiates the underlying GObject and sets the properties on
it.
libglademm instantiates the C++ wrapper object, to wrap the underlying
GObject. But it's only at this point that the properties are defined for
this object (via the PropertyProxy instantiations).

So we'd need some way to make sure that the properties are defined for
our custom GType when that GType is defined, again maybe via a custom
GObject init function.

www.openismus.com