Re: Reverse-wrapping gtkmm widgets to gtk+ (for glade3)

On Mon, 2006-11-20 at 16:56 +0100, Murray Cumming wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-11-20 at 16:49 +0100, Murray Cumming wrote:
> >
> > Maybe we could hook in a GObject init() function to the derived GType,
> > which would also create the C++ wrapper around it.
>
> Of course we wouldn't want this to run in addition to the regular
> constructor, when you are using this class without Glade.

I'm assuming that a GObject init function will only be called if the
object is created with a normal C g_object_new call? In thoses cases you
would like to have the C++ wrapper (or else the widget isn't functioning
at all).

Also what does the wrap_register function do? I was assuming that after
the call to wrap_register there would be a full C GObject wrapper
available (which knows how to correctly instantiate a Gtkmm object) for
that specific GType?

p.s. I'm afraid my total lack of Gtk+ (and also Gtk+/Gtkmm interaction)
knowledge isn't helping here :( ...

Brgds,
  Alexander Brinkman.