Re: diacanvas2

I'm that Paul Davis

libgoocanvasmm appears to be quite a bit like libpapyrus in
functionality. There's no automatic ability to do rotations,
connections, handles and all the other nifty things for doing WYSIWYG
editor stuff.  I imagine you could implement such stuff, but it'd take
quite a bit get working correctly.

On 11/15/06, Jonathon Jongsma <jonathon jongsma gmail com> wrote:
On 11/15/06, Pavlo Korzhyk <pavlo korzhyk gmail com> wrote:
> On 11/15/06, Dodji Seketeli <dodji gnome org> wrote:
> > Hey Pavlo,
> >
> > You can have a look at
> > It uses libcairomm and is written in plain C++.
> > That library seems actively maintained and looks nice at first sight.
> >
> > If you use it, please post your feedbacks on this list so that it can
> > later serve as reference for other people who may have the same
> > questions.
> >
> I'm just started looking into both libraries, and papyrus seems to offer
> only drawing functionality.
> But rotations, movements, doubleclicks, mouse selections etc are much more
> complex task for
> a developer. And diacanvas seems to provide methods that simplify those
> interactions with user.
> DiaSolver is probably a thingy that simplifies automatic updates of links
> between objects.
> So diacanvas offers a lot of tasty features I don't want to code myself.
> After a fast look at tutorials diacanvas seems to be more suitable for tasks
> I listed in the previous letter.

You might also look at libgoocanvasmm
(  Paul Davis (one of them)
on this list is responsible for it, so he may be able to give you more
information.  I haven't had time to look at it much, but it sounds
like it might do what you need.

gtkmm-list mailing list
gtkmm-list gnome org