Re: diacanvas2

On 11/15/06, Dodji Seketeli <dodji gnome org> wrote:
Hey Pavlo,

You can have a look at http://libpapyrus.sourceforge.net/.
It uses libcairomm and is written in plain C++.
That library seems actively maintained and looks nice at first sight.

If you use it, please post your feedbacks on this list so that it can
later serve as reference for other people who may have the same
questions.

I'm just started looking into both libraries, and papyrus seems to offer only drawing functionality.
But rotations, movements, doubleclicks, mouse selections etc are much more complex task for
a developer. And diacanvas seems to provide methods that simplify those interactions with user.
DiaSolver is probably a thingy that simplifies automatic updates of links between objects.
So diacanvas offers a lot of tasty features I don't want to code myself.

After a fast look at tutorials diacanvas seems to be more suitable for tasks I listed in the previous letter.

--
WBR, Pavlo Korzhyk
ICQ#155870780