Re: [gtkmm] Compiling my first gtkmm program - HELP!!

At 10:05 PM 4/28/2004, Murray Cumming wrote:

> The packages aren't "official" Cygwin packages,

But Maya said that she got them with the Cygwin setup. Clearly there is
some confusion here.

As usual, people should not waste their time with inofficial 3rd-party
packages.

... at least as long as the corresponding patches have not been applied to CVS. Concerning gtkmm on cygwin, I think people interested in this port should first concentrate on glib and gtk+-2.4 and have a working version of these libraries for cygwin (with changes applied to the corresponding CVS heads) before turning their attention to gtkmm.

I personaly don't have the time and motivation for these ports of gtk+ and gtkmm on cygwin (GPL ports on cygwin vs LGPL native ports with mingw32/MSVC) but I can help on autotools issues if necessary.

Cedric