Re: [gtkmm] Compiling my first gtkmm program - HELP!!

On Tue, Apr 27, 2004 at 05:04:27PM +0200, Murray Cumming wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-04-27 at 15:56, Maya wrote:
> > Nothing changes if I don't use virtual inheritance.
> > I got the cygwin version of GTKmm from the cygwin setup.
>
> I did not know that gtkmm was available as part of the cygwin install.
> It sounds like their gtkmm binaries are broken. I suggest that you
> submit a bug to them, with a simple-as-possible test case. Feel free to
> CC us.

Perhaps I should have been more explicit last time this question came
up.  If you are using the Cygwin packages from
http://web.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~s01397ms/cygwin/, you will find they won't
work *at all*.  This is because they were built many months ago with an
old version of GCC, either 3.1 or 3.2.  You'll find that they won't link
with a current (3.3.x) GCC from Cygwin due to binary incompatibilities
--this is what you see with the "virtual thunk" errors.

The only solution is to rebuild the whole lot from scratch.  You can
find some patches here for GTK+2.2:
http://www.whinlatter.uklinux.net/gtk/patches/.

I'm currently working on getting GTK+ 2.4 to build.  Currently I've done
Glib from CVS head, and I'm now stuck with linker errors with CVS
pango--some libtool issue.  If you want to help, we should have Gtkmm
2.4 built fairly soon.

If you don't want to get your hands dirty, it's precompiled and works
for MinGW/MSYS: http://www.dropline.net/gtk/.

Regards,
Roger

--