Re: populating a TreeStore in reverse order

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 22:05:01 +0200, The Saltydog wrote:
On 6/22/05, Peter Haworth <pmh edison ioppublishing com> wrote:
Or you could start by adding nodes to the root, and reparent them
as it becomes possible. That could be fun to watch, but possibly
not very useful.

reparent? I know only of widget's reparenting...

OK, so the tree store API isn't quite a rich as I thought. You can
swap(), move_before() or move_after(), but both iters have to be "in
the same level", which presumably means "have the same parent". Fooey!

Now that I think about it some more, I did have some trouble working
out how to allow the user to move nodes to arbitrary positions with a
tree. This could explain why this application hasn't had any work done
on it for a while. I managed it in the original Gtk1 version, but I
don't remember how much pain it was :-)

--
        Peter Haworth   pmh edison ioppublishing com
"It is always the best policy to tell the truth,