Re: populating a TreeStore in reverse order

On Wed, 2005-06-22 at 15:09 +0200, The Saltydog wrote:
On 6/22/05, Quentin <squentin free fr> wrote:
It's not what I meant, I meant keep all the data in a perl array/hash,
and use a custom store that get the data from the perl array/hash.
That way you don't have to fill the store, the data are already there.
It's much more complex but it can fit your needs, I use it with a list
of 15000 rows, and creating/displaying the treeview is really fast on a
duron800 :).

That should be an idea. Do you have a link to some docs for it?

For the custom store/model there is the customlist.pl in the examples
directory of Gtk2-perl.
for using a perl array to store the data, there is only my program :
qsplayer (still looking for another name ;)), that you can find there :
http://squentin.free.fr
you can test it with 15000 rows by downloading the 'tags' file and
running ./qsplayer -demo -C tags
the custom list is in the qsplayer_list file, in the package SongStore
(warning: there is few comments)

But my first solution could work: you load data until you have a full
branch (starting from depth 0), then prepend the root of the branch to
the store and fill this branch, load next branch ...
It depends on what kind of data you have.

You can think at it as a hard disk directory tree. So, lot of branches
at different depths.
But if you want to display a partially read tree, you have to know the
root of the branch, you can't display leaves that are not attached,
directly or not, to a row at depth=0.