Re: populating a TreeStore in reverse order

On 6/22/05, Quentin <squentin free fr> wrote:

A _much_ more complex way, would be to keep the data in a perl array,
and use a custom store. But you have to tell the store when you
change/add/remove a row in the perl array. Scrolling would be slower,
but the initial filling would be faster (with fixed height rows).
I did it with a list, I'm not sure how much more difficult/slower it
would be with a tree.

I already did this way into an hash, then sorting the hash and
populating the treestore directly. The only matter is that I have
first to wait for hash completion (it is very long, more than 10000
rows) and only then show the treeview..

It would be nice to populate the treeview in real-time, while getting
the data, so the user should start viewing something while waiting...