Re: Steering people away from GtkPerl (was: passing arguments to the)

* muppet <scott asofyet org> [2005-04-12 18:40]:
On Apr 12, 2005, at 9:13 AM, A. Pagaltzis wrote:
Further, Patrice le Borgne who offers a french tutorial[4]
could also be asked.

Patrice has a gtk2-perl tutorial...  linked from
http://gtk2-perl.sf.net/links/
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/gtk2-perl/Gtk2perl_tutoriel.html

Thatâs nice â now hopefully he could add a notice to the GtkPerl
tutorial that people should not be using this anymore? :-)

One address came back "User Unknown", the other "Mailbox
Inactive".  This is pretty much the same situation as late
2003.  I can't find any info about him after 2002 with google.
I wonder if he's okay...

Ugh. With the URL looking like a free webspace providerâs dig, I
guess the page wonât be going away anytime soon either.

I see the same thing.  Last i recall, the hosting was donated
(according to the site) and my emails to the webmaster (from
2003 to this winter) were never answered.

So I guess we can expect it to remain offline.

What about my comments on a hostile takeover of the CPAN distro?

Regards,
--
Aristotle
âLike punning, programming is a play on words.â