Re: shrink GTK+ disk usage for Windows

On 31 March 2010 17:59, Andrew Ziem <ahz001 gmail com> wrote:
>> It's probably possible to shrink that a bit more, perhaps by stripping
>> symbols from the files more aggressively.
>
> Wow, using Linux 'strip -v bin/*' cuts the bin directory from 16M to
> 9.3M!  After UPX, it's down to 3.9M (compare to 7.8MB below).

Good stuff. I think you need to be a bit careful with strip, it's
possible to break linking if you take too much off (I seem to remember
breaking it at some point anyway). Test carefully!

You could take a look at projects like Inkscape. It'd be interesting
to see how large the stack they use is --- they have put a lot of time
into this sort of issue.

John