Re: g_io_channel_win32_new_fd()

To be honest, I don't think  that's a good analogy.  A better analogy would
be a library that has a big supply of books but you can only take them out
in a digitized form, such as on a DVD.  But the library hasn't digitized
many books - so users must be prepared to do that themselves.

However, I'm not criticising you Tor.  I take your point that if the VC++
audience isn't a priority, then I understand how this might not be worth the
effort.  My personal experience though (as someone who's used vc++, gcc, gtk
and mfc) is that the most powerful combination for the Windows platform is
offered by vc++, glib and gtk (well, more specifically, gtkmm).  I wish that
other VC++/MFC programmers could experience this for themselves because I'm
pretty sure they'd agree.

John.