Re: g_io_channel_win32_new_fd()

----- Original Message ----- From: "Heiko Lechner" <Heiko Lechner ruhr-uni-bochum de>

Am 03.03.2010 15:34, schrieb Tor Lillqvist:

Well, I don't have such plans, it takes enough time to provide builds
of the stack built with MinGW,

I really honor that, because I tried that myself and failed...

I can appreciate that too.  Building is one thing - but being willing to
maintain the build for others is a whole other ball game.

What about my suggestion for a 'g_pipe()' function?  It would go a long way
towards solving this problem (at least for pipes).  It doesn't seem to be a
new suggestion though....  I can see that Tor suggested it himself, last
year:-

http://old.nabble.com/Adding-more-%22gstdio%22-wrappers-td18047879.html

It sounds like something that would be well worth having.  Was any
conclusion reached?

John