Re: g_io_channel_win32_new_fd()

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tor Lillqvist"

It sounds like something that would be well worth having. Was any
conclusion reached?

There wasn't really much discussion. No forceful opposition, but no
cheering either;) And I just haven't had time and/or inspiration to do
it.

Well FWIW, Im just starting to find gtk-win32 and glib-win32 to be very
useful tools.  I can produce good programs in VC++. They're more
portable than MFC.  They're easier to debug than gdb and they're
considerably more flexible in areas such as signals. The vc++/gtk/glib
combination is a very powerful one and I daresay other Windows programmers
would agree if they had the opportunity.  But forcing programmers to use
VC++6 (a non-compliant compiler that's been obsolete for the past 10 years)
is hardly the way to win them over.  Somehow, glib-win32 needs to hide or
somehow obviate its reliance on the VC++ 6 runtime.

Just my 2 cents.

John