Re: g_io_channel_win32_new_fd()

Tor - you might not be the right person to ask about this - but do you know
if there are any plans to release official binaries for glib/gtk+ etc, built
to be compatible with VC++8?  Or would that then screw things up for MinGW
users?

The reason I ask is that other open source libraries seem to be built now
using VC++8.  In fact, if a library uses STL in any meaningful way, there's
no realistic possibility of building using VC++6 because 6 had very limited
support for STL.  The libboost binaries for example (which use STL
extensively) have had to be built using VC++8 and most other stuff seems be
following that route now.

Or does anyone know of an unofficial build using VC++8 that I could obtain
from somewhere?

Cheers,

John