Re: Save Dialog

On Thu, 2007-03-29 at 13:44 -0600, Michael L Torrie wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-03-28 at 13:34 -0400, Docsonic wrote:
> > I use Inkscape and posted a request on their list, they referred me to
> > your list as the save dialog they use is GTK. So, I wanted to know if it
> > was possible to change the save dialog so that, when you create a new
> > subfolder, you are automaically entered into that folder.

It does that now... Perhaps your version of GTK is out of date?

> I wonder if this would lead to user confusion.

I don't think so - whenever I do it I go from a folder full of stuff to
an display of a folder that is empty, which is predictable and makes
sense. I don't see it as jarring.

A bit of bling animation would always help reinforce the notion,
perhaps, but I don't see that as necessary.

AfC
Sydney