Our program with GTK 2.2.4 die every 8days. Help me plz!

We're using GTK-2.2.4 on XFree86 4.2.1.

But our program died every 8days without dumping core.

We found out the reason why it died.

First XFree86 died and consequently, our program died.

This is the error msg when it died.

The program 'Lava' received an X Window System error.

> This probably reflects a bug in the program.

> The error was 'BadRequest (invalid request code or no such operation)'.

>   (Details: serial 25054110 error_code 1 request_code 0 minor_code 0)

>   (Note to programmers: normally, X errors are reported asynchronously;

>    that is, you will receive the error a while after causing it.

>    To debug your program, run it with the --sync command line

>    option to change this behavior. You can then get a meaningful

>    backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error()

> function.)

We did some googling and found some problems that was same as our's.

The progam has 10 ms gtk timeout and just calls gtk_label_set_markup();

But the program died after the timer ran 524281 times.

I want to know why this simple program died.

It only calls gtk_label_set_markup every 10ms. (gtk-timeout)

We discovered the followed info by googling.

I know from experience that some versions of GTK were buggy -- the

callback system was messed up and the pointers to the calling function

would get messed up on the stack as one function called the next

... called the next ... called the next....  If you are running an

older version of GTK (2.0 or even 2.2), you might be experiencing a

GTK problem.

So, we're guessing the GTK-2.2.0 we're using has some bug...

We must use GTK-2.2.0. For a long time we developed our progam with 2.2.0

and have no time to convert to other GTK version.

Therefore we're asking you if you could support patch files about this problem on GTK-2.2.0 if you have it.

Or, please, tell us the position in GTK source code(for example, which line in which file) related to this problem.

Regards.