Re: Save Dialog

Michael L Torrie wrote:

Interesting proposition.  I wonder if this would lead to user confusion.
Except for the crumb bar, there is little indication that the create
folder operation was successful if a user is automatically moved to the
new folder.  My grandmother would likely end up creating dozens of
nested folders without realizing it.

Perhaps an animation, involving the folder in question being selected, and then navigated into, would avoid such confusion, not to mention look nice :)

Either way, I agree with the OP's suggestion. If you create a folder from a save dialog, chances are you want to save your file in the folder you've just created.

--
Daniel Kasak
IT Developer