Save Dialog

I use Inkscape and posted a request on their list, they referred me to
your list as the save dialog they use is GTK. So, I wanted to know if it
was possible to change the save dialog so that, when you create a new
subfolder, you are automaically entered into that folder. i.e. If I
create a subfolder and name it 'New', once I enter to accept the new
name the directory structure places me into the 'New' folder to name and
save the document.

Thanks,

Tony