Re: Re: Gtk apps have black menu background (solved)

On Tue, Jul 25, 2006 at 03:03:04PM +0100, John Cupitt wrote:
> >enough
>
> I would try removing gtk-qt-engine:
>
> http://www.novell.com/products/linuxpackages/suselinux/gtk-qt-engine.html
>
> This is a package that suse install by default that skins gtk apps
> with the current qt theme. Remove this and you shuld be back with the
> default gtk theme, which is much more reliable.

Yay!
Hell, it doesn't take much sometimes. Your suggestion prompted me to look at
my gtk-qt package. Using the Apt/Synaptic software I was able to force a
downgrade to the previous version. I was apprehensive about breaking other
software or causing a dependency problem, but the downgrade went smoothly.
So far testing gtk applications has be excellent -all menu's are ok. I may
not have the latest but it working for me, many thanks.

For Susers - downgrading to gtk-qt-engine 0.5-9.3 did the trick on this Suse 9.2
machine.

Brian