Re: Re: Gtk apps have black menu background

On 7/24/06, Brian <cabernet webshield net au> wrote:
> > All of my gtk applications have this problem. The menu list has a black
> > background. Dragging the cursor over them reveals the menu text just enough
> > to read the list. All of the programs work ok.

I would try removing gtk-qt-engine:

http://www.novell.com/products/linuxpackages/suselinux/gtk-qt-engine.html

This is a package that suse install by default that skins gtk apps
with the current qt theme. Remove this and you shuld be back with the
default gtk theme, which is much more reliable.