Re: Flipping for scrolled windows

On Tue, 2001-09-25 at 23:35, Pablo Saratxaga wrote:
> Kaixo!
>
> On Tue, Sep 25, 2001 at 10:36:09PM +0300, Uri David Akavia wrote:
>
> > What I'd really like is an ability to decide wether the enviorment (WM
> > menus and behavior) is RTL or LTR (which includes the location of the
> > close and minimize buttons), decide independantly whether the menus and
> > default location should be LTR or RTL,
>
> What do you call "default location" ?
What do I call the default location is the location and status of an
application I open without a command line variable (or changes in an rc
file). The default is what I'll choose the majority of applications to
be, for special applications I'll use the variable.
I would prefer an rc file, so I can choose from the application and have
it remembered to the next session.

I agree with Tzafrir that the buttons should not be mirrored, when
changing language in an application, since it is a WM manager property.
It should be a WM option, perhaps some trick to reverse the theme or
something. Most people I know will use their current setup of WM.

> Now, I think indeed having the choice for scrollbars is good; and I still
> think they should be mirrored :)
Would it be possible to set default and specific behavior for the
mirrorirng? (again, perhaps in an rc file?)
If so I think it should be an option, and people will just try and see.

Uri David