Re: Flipping for scrolled windows

On Mon, 2001-09-24 at 21:04, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> Can you tell me how window titlebars look in Hebrew/Arabic versions of
> Windows? Do I change only the text alignment, or also move the
> close/maximize controls to the left side?
>
> Havoc

MS-Windows for Hebrew has two version (as Dov mentioned)
Enabled - Same as english (but you can have hebrew fonts and menus)
Localised - Scrollbars are mirrored, and so are menus and stuff.
Basicly I (and a lot of people I know) hate Localised, blank slate users
use it (not necessarly like it).
The hatred stims from not being used to it and also from MS crappy
implementation.
What I'd really like is an ability to decide wether the enviorment (WM
menus and behavior) is RTL or LTR (which includes the location of the
close and minimize buttons), decide independantly whether the menus and
default location should be LTR or RTL, preferably for each application,
and decide independantly what happens with the scrollbars.
For example, on Windows I use the scrollbars and enviorment as they are
in English (Enabled), most applications use the menus in English (and
therefore LTR), but some of them use Hebrew menus (yet left scrollbars)
because this is what I'm used too.
I know this is just my opinion, but if all these things are (easily)
configurable, than flipping scrollbars should be an option. If not
optional, I don't think it should be used.

Uri David