Re: Flipping for scrolled windows

Kaixo!

On Tue, Sep 25, 2001 at 10:36:09PM +0300, Uri David Akavia wrote:

> What I'd really like is an ability to decide wether the enviorment (WM
> menus and behavior) is RTL or LTR (which includes the location of the
> close and minimize buttons), decide independantly whether the menus and
> default location should be LTR or RTL,

What do you call "default location" ?

> preferably for each application,

with a shell variable it sohuld be possible (you need to launch the program
from command line; but anyone needing such a flexibility is a command line
user anyway; or can edit a menu entry/ create a script)

> and decide independantly what happens with the scrollbars.

Now, I think indeed having the choice for scrollbars is good; and I still
think they should be mirrored :)

What I mean is:

* in LTR: default placement as now, and have an option somewhere:
  "[ ] place scrollbars in the left"
* in RTL the placement (either default or user overriden) is mirrored.
  which implies the option text must then be:
  "[ ] place scrollbars on the right"

in order to avoid translating chaos the both text label should exist
and be used something like this:

   if (right_to_left)
	somewidget( _("place scrollbars on the right") );
   else
	somewidget( _("place scrollbars on the left") );

--
Ki ça vos våye bén,
Pablo Saratxaga

http://www.srtxg.easynet.be/		PGP Key available, key ID: 0x8F0E4975