Re: GTK+, WM, desktops and CSD

On Fri, Mar 6, 2015 at 2:10 AM Allin Cottrell <cottrell wfu edu> wrote:
OK, I can see that that's a legitimate difference (I'd say a
"design" rather than a "philosophical" one, but hey).

Sure, let's call it different designs then ...

Fact is that
the first alternative has been the status quo for a long time and
IMO the second approach -- which is obviously quite disruptive,
whatever its merits -- calls for more argument pro than I've seen so
far.

It is not only disruptive, but also optional - applications that don't make use of gtk's custom decorations work as before.