Re: GTK+, WM, desktops and CSD

On Fri, Mar 6, 2015 at 12:44 AM Allin Cottrell <cottrell wfu edu> wrote:
Isn't there some dissonance here: "essential UI" embedded in
"decorations"? How did we come to this? [...] why not fix the WM
[...] rather than conflating UI with decoration?

Because it is not about working around any WM's (or more precisely: theme's) whitespace issues, but about a philosophical difference:
Are windows containers that the system provides and applications fill with content, or are they space that is entirely under application control?

You know what? It's a matter of taste - it's perfectly fine that you pick a different answer than me. But telling us how bloated and awful and just fucking wrong our preference is is about as helpful to the discussion as yelling at you about your terribly stupid pick of favorite color ...