Re: GTK+ brochure for FOSDEM

On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 3:06 PM, Sébastien Wilmet <swilmet gnome org> wrote:

For developers who choose a higher-level language, knowing the basis of
GObject is useful too: what is a GObject signal, what is a property, "oh
there is actually an object hierarchy and I can call a function from the
parent class", etc.

quite the contrary. the entire point of almost all existing language bindings is to make the object model be idiomatic to that language. I work in Gtkmm and have also worked in pygtk quite a bit. There's no reason whatsoever to understand GObject at all with these bindings.

Look, I understand that you think that GObject is pretty cool (it is), that it, along with glib, can serve as useful building blocks of non-graphical applications (they can) and that this fact should be more widely known (it should).

But is that the purpose of a brochure on GTK+ ?