Re: GMenuModel has landed

hi Paul,

On Sun, 2011-12-11 at 16:33 -0500, Paul Tan wrote:
> It would be nice if the new menu system can still
> support dynamic (programmatic) adding and deleting
> submenu/menuitems, just like what we already have
> now in gtk2.  Examples are the "Favorite" menu in
> MS IE, and the "Bookmarks" in other browsers.

This is still supported.  Normally applications will create the bulk of
their menus using XML, but it's possible to name a particular menu (or
section of a menu) and acquire this object by name.  You can then
dynamically add items.

> If possible, would you consider bringing back the
> "tearoff menu" feature, which, according to a gtk
> developer, will be removed in gtk4.

I think this issue is orthogonal to GMenuModel, and it's one that I
don't have a strong opinion on.  Sorry.

Cheers