Re: Minutes of the GTK+ team GUADEC meeting - 2010-07-29

On Sun, Aug 1, 2010 at 12:25 PM, Martyn Russell <martyn lanedo com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> These are the notes taken based on our meeting at GUADEC last week.

Thanks for these notes, Martyn.

> • Hackfest
>  ∘ Planned for October w22 (18th-22nd)

I will try to make it this time, for a change. Are the dates final yet ?

> • Release for GTK+ 3.0 delayed until Christmas
>  ∘ Feature freeze around November
>
> • Release for GLib planned by late August

Did outstanding work for GLib 2.26 get discussed ? I am only aware of
the datetime work, anything else ?

I assume we also need a GTK+ 2.22 release in time for Gnome 2.32. Do
the changed timelines affect our 2.22 plans in any way ?

> • Review needed of Benjamin's 'rendering-cleanup' branch:
>  ∘ Recommended that owen/mclasen/timj take a look

I'll put this on my list for this week.

> • Review needed of animation branch for consideration in GTK+ 3.0
>  ∘ Should be aligned vaguely at least to the Clutter APIs
>
> • Review needed of Carlos' style branch
>  ∘ Some work needed in porting existing themes
>  ∘ Possibly work required with existing animated widgets:
>    ‣ GtkExpander
>    ‣ GtkSpinner

GtkToolbar also has some animation in it.

>  ∘ Sapwood ported already by Sven and seems to work nicely
> ACTION: garnacho or Lanedo labs time to help finish this
>
> • GtkSearchEngine ported to Tracker (perhaps using GBus?)
> ACTION: martyn or juergbi will do this

Are there more details on this somewhere ? GtkSearchEngine already has
a tracker backend, so I wonder what exactly is the goal here. What has
been discussed in the past was to re-merge this with the nautilus
search code (and maybe move it to gio).