Minutes of the GTK+ team GUADEC meeting - 2010-07-29
- From: Martyn Russell <martyn lanedo com>
- To: gtk-devel-list <gtk-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Minutes of the GTK+ team GUADEC meeting - 2010-07-29
- Date: Sun, 01 Aug 2010 17:25:57 +0100
These are the notes taken based on our meeting at GUADEC last week.
∘ Planned for October w22 (18th-22nd)
∘ Igalia Offices
∘ Foundation say they will pay for accommodation (budget is 8-10k)
∘ Companies pay for flights
∘ Need a volunteer to blog about this!
∘ Need a wiki page with planned attendees
∘ Will start a discussion about it on GTK+ devel for arrangements
• Release for GTK+ 3.0 delayed until Christmas
∘ Feature freeze around November
• Release for GLib planned by late August
• Review needed of Benjamin's 'rendering-cleanup' branch:
∘ Recommended that owen/mclasen/timj take a look
∘ Who is affected by this branch?
‣ Biggest users is perhaps Metacity?
‣ GIMP (shouldn't be a problem according to Mitch)
‣ GNOME Games?
‣ Lots of other unnecessary backend code gets removed
∘ Propose to deprecate "expose" for non-toplevel windows for 2.22?
‣ Instead pass Cairo context in a new "draw" event.
• Cody = Win32
• Kris = Quartz
• Ryan/Benjamin = X11
‣ Want to remove "no-expose" events if we have no GC, should be fine
• Review needed of animation branch for consideration in GTK+ 3.0
∘ Should be aligned vaguely at least to the Clutter APIs
• Review needed of Carlos' style branch
∘ Some work needed in porting existing themes
∘ Possibly work required with existing animated widgets:
∘ Sapwood ported already by Sven and seems to work nicely
ACTION: garnacho or Lanedo labs time to help finish this
• GtkSearchEngine ported to Tracker (perhaps using GBus?)
ACTION: martyn or juergbi will do this
] [Thread Prev